Irish Shipping & Transport Ltd. Privacy Statement
The purpose of this document is to set out the privacy entitlements of Data Subjects, as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), of living persons. Privacy can only apply to information that is not already in the public domain and GDPR only applies to such personal data.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a European Union Regulation that sets out the data entitlements of data subjects and the obligations of those who process the personal data of data subjects. GDPR seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU.
Our company may collect, process and use your personal data, including your name, postal address, email address, telephone, mobile and fax numbers and information about our products and services.
Your data may be processed for the following purposes:
- To provide logistics services to you, including importation or exportation of goods, either directly or through one of our business partners.
- To provide information about products or services you have shown interest in purchasing within a reasonable time afterwards, if you are already an existing Irish Shipping & Transport Ltd. customer
- To provide information to you about services you have purchased from us, or related products or services
- To provide services to you under contract
- For legal reasons, for example, if you have entered into a contract with us that requires information to be passed to regulatory bodies
- To provide information to you about our products and services if you have consented to receive it.
This company has different categories of data subjects:
- Data subjects who are contacts within our Client companies and Supplier/Service Provider organisations.
- Data subjects who are contacts who have engaged in our services.
- Data subjects who are engaged on a contract of employment by our company.
There are different categories of data required between the differing data subject categories and only the information necessary to conduct the contractual relationship and perform the contract unique to each data subject will be collected.
The legal basis for processing any personal data
This company relies upon the following legal bases for data collection:
Irish Shipping & Transport may collect information from you because we have a legitimate interest to collect the information for use in a business transaction, or because you have consented for us to do so for a specific purpose, such as marketing of services. This information includes, but is not limited to;
- Business Name
- Business address
- Business contacts
- Appropriate telephone numbers for contacts
- Email addresses for business contacts
- VAT number
You may give us information about you with your consent for example
- By requesting a quote online or sending us an e-mail
- Applying for a job at Irish Shipping & transport Ltd.
This information may be personal, financial, educational, or related to your employment history.
You may give us information for legal or contractual reasons, such as to enter into a contract with us, when you are buying goods or services from us, or when you are taking a job at Irish Shipping & Transport Ltd.
We will promote our services via a number of methods, including direct marketing, on the basis of this legitimate interest, using the contact details of data subjects who have a connection with this company, At all times we will make it easy for the data subject to exercise their data subject rights via an email to email@example.com
When submitting a quote or contacting us using our website the user has the right to object to direct marketing from Irish Shipping & Transport Ltd and to request us to delete all their data upon request. When requesting a quote, Irish Shipping & Transport Ltd. must gain consent to retain your information. In accordance with GDPR, the data we collect can be reviewed by the applicant at any time. The user can request to edit their preferences, can request to be forgotten, can unsubscribe and can opt in and out of marketing material. They can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . Users have the right to withdraw their consent for access to their personal data at any stage. Irish Shipping & Transport Ltd. requires your personal data for assisting you with your requests if you do not consent to Irish Shipping & Transport Ltd. processing your personal data you cannot obtain the quotes or other information you may have requested from the range of services we offer.
Disclosure of data to third parties
If the business operating this Website is sold, the relevant registered user lists and other personal data of our users will be transferred to the new owner. This will be done in accordance with current legislation. Also, Irish Shipping & Transport Ltd. may disclose your personal data if Irish Shipping & Transport Ltd. is under a duty to disclose your personal data as a result of a court order or any other legal obligation, any subpoena or legal process or as otherwise required by law, or if we believe it necessary to prevent or take action regarding illegal activities or violations of our policies.
Irish Shipping & Transport Ltd. will not retain your personal information for longer than required.
We will keep your personal information:
- For as long as required by law
- Until we no longer have a valid reason for keeping it
- Until you request us to stop using it.
We may keep just enough of your personal information to ensure that we comply with your requests not use your personal information or comply with your right to erasure. For example, we must keep your request to be erased even if it includes your personal data until such time as you are no longer our customer.
If you have questions about our Data Retention Policy, we can provide you a copy. Please contact: email@example.com
The data we collect following quote requests, credit applications or other general questions regarding the various services we offer will consist of name, surname, address, contact number, email, and other various details required for us to provide a quote. The data will be stored at our service providers secure server in the Republic of Ireland. Our systems are protected by encryption and a firewall and we use top of the range antivirus software to ensure your data is free from virus attacks. The data we collect will be stored on our systems for seven years in tandem with revenue regulation. The Data may also be stored on our in-house systems and so will be accessible by our staff at Irish Shipping & Transport Ltd.
Your right as a subject
For the entirety of the time that we are in possession of your data, you have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records and we will comply with this request in accordance with our own obligations to keep records for statutory purposes
- Right to a restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
You may inspect your data at all times, and request to have them corrected, supplemented or removed by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending your request to DSV, see our address above.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
We will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your national ID card, driving license, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If we are dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made our DPO care of email@example.com
Links to Other Websites
Our websites may contain links to and from websites of our partners and/or affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may have their own privacy notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any such notices. Please check these notices, where available, before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Applicants have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection commissioner if they feel there has been a breach at www.dataprotection.ieIf you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the OFFICE OF THE DATA COMMISSIONER, Supervising Authority of Ireland.
Data Protection Commissioner
R32 AP23 Co. Laois
Telephone +353 57 8684800
Lo Call Number 1890 252 231